Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beauty (I Alone, Californication)


What is beauty? Is beauty what we see in magazines and movies? Or is beauty something far less superficial than what we see on the outside?


I believe that beauty is a purely subjective idea, meaning that the definition of beauty is solely based on the observer.



I suppose the point of this post is to, perhaps, give you a different insight into what is beautiful.
The three women you see on the left side of this post are the women I grew up with. Now, if we were to follow what we're 'shown' as beautiful, they of course would not fit the bill. But this is where the subjectiveness of the idea of beauty comes into it. These three women, in my eyes, are the definition of beauty. They dont spend hours on end trying to perfect themselves, they dont undergo idiotic surgeries to change the way that God made them. They are who they are, and they are beautiful.
The woman at the top is my sister Chandell, almost 30 years old and just as beautiful as she was the day she graduated. The second woman is my sister Castle, and Castle, in my eyes, is the epitome of beauty. She shines like the sun no matter where she is at, not to say that the others dont, but Castles beauty is a different form. And the third woman is my mother. Absolutely gorgeous, and stunning. I love these three women with all of my heart.
I know that this post was rather short, and also abit choppy, but take the time to look at these three women that, in my eyes, are truely beautiful. Try and see what I see in them, because they arent models, they arent actresses, they arent loaded with botox and silicone. They are who they are. That is beauty.

No comments: